Steps to update Mach4.
- Copy the existing version of Mach4 and rename it something else. Our support team will leave the old version number in the name. For example, I changed Mach4Hobby to Mach4Hobby_3481 when I updated to a newer build.
- Go to our website and download the current version of Mach4 ( https://www.machsupport.com/software/mach4/ )
- Install the current version over top of the existing version.
- While the Mach4 should retain all your settings, screen sets , plugins, and scripts you can sometimes lose these things. Your copy of Mach4 will have all of them so you can easily retrieve them.
- Once the update is done and all the setting are transferred and it all works then delete the copy.
- Unless you are changing PCs and or hardware on the PC then the license should work on the new version.
- If your PC ID does change you can log in to your account from our website and email a replacement license file with the new PC ID. Check out our support video on licensing Mach4 for more info: https://youtu.be/_sSofveXnkQ